Tuesday 12 August 2014

An English Girl in My Home


Jaipur is a tourist place but there are rare opportunities to talk and live with them in our house. First time an Ahmedabad based NGO Vishvet Foundation has given me this opportunity through my CA teacher Mr. Rohit Pradhan who is also a Jaipur Coordinator of the organization. They were looking a volunteer host family to host a student of University of Cambridge. Ms Emma Hollows in Jaipur for a short stay. Ms. Emma a student of Social anthropology, came to India to learn about Indian culture, traditional costumes, education system and participating in Indian festivals which was also of my personal interest. 

Student exchange, becoming host family etc. terms were not new for me as I have experienced it during my school days but didn't get such opportunity to host or become a guest to a foreign student. So when I heard about it immediately got ready to host her in my house.

Preparation before coming guest in home



Days spent with Ms. Emma at Home



Environment inside the home and Family reaction









Jaipur - it touched her heart

Places, food, people etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment